Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Works with assistance and direction to use predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to perform in-process and completed inspections of products such as machine parts, mechanical assemblies, purchased standard hardware, and the inspections of applied protective coatings including verification of thermal process (heat treat and eddy current inspections). Uses various measuring devices to perform required inspections and accepts or rejects malfunctioning or non-conforming units or systems. Works from blueprints, digital models, diagrams or other customer specifications, and uses inspection instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary Functional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Observe and implement lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods in all job assignments
- Support Quality Inspectors 3-4 as directed
- Enter data using Syteline/ESI or other ERP systems as directed
- Arrange inspection work queues to identify priority work, move completed work to next staging area
- Identify and segregate non-conforming product
- Understand and, under supervision, conduct product verification in accordance with inspection plans and applicable Walden’s process practices used in the work center
- Actively follow instructions as required in all aspects of the work assignment and develop a working knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to, surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gauges, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges, dial indicators, and Coordinate Measuring Machines/Scanners. Good knowledge and understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods per ASME 14.5
- Good knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to, surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gauges, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges, dial indicators, and Coordinate Measuring Machines/Scanners
- Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to use Syteline/ESI or other ERP systems after instruction
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Attention to detail
- Basic English language skills and the ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Willingness to learn
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, suppliers, and fellow team members.
- Be willing to research, evaluate and train new process methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point);
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates prioritization and planning skills.
Required Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years with recent aircraft machine shop experience
- Pay starts at $18.00-22.00 per hour based on experience.
- NIGHT SHIFT Monday-Friday 6pm-6am
Apply today at Key Personnel!
1120 E. Bardin Rd.
Arlington, TX 76018
Application Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM-11 AM and 1:30 PM-3:30 PM
Questions? Ask for Lacy at (682) 323-7846