Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
We are now hiring an Estimator, for a Metal Fabrication and Welding company, in the Kennedale area!
The core competencies of this position are:
- Review invitations to bid and present projects of interest for approval to bid
- Provide, coordinate, and lead estimating services on various types of construction projects
- Review specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work
- Meet bid date/time requirements
- Coordinate and respond to Request For Proposal (RFP), Request For Information (RFI) submittals, pay applications, change orders and bids
- Perform site visits and/or pre-bid meetings (if necessary)
- Review and incorporate historical data from completed projects to update unit costs and man hour figures
- Develop project schedule, equipment plan, and staging plan for each estimate
- Ensure that estimates are priced accurately
- Decide on vendors and subcontractors to use on projects
- Request and review vendor quotes
- Help negotiate subcontracts and purchase orders
- Participate in informal and formal presentations on negotiated projects
- Develop project schedule, equipment plan, and staging plan for each project
- Manage project submittals, schedule and budget to achieve maximum profitability
- Follow up on post bid projects
You will be suited for this position if you (have):
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional experience with proven business ethics and demonstrated competency in construction estimating, project management, engineering and/or contract administration, working knowledge and comprehension of blueprints and plans required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering,Interior Design, or estimating related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills, especially in Excel and estimating software
- Must be able to clear federal background check; Obtain OSHA 10/30 certification
- On Center Software experience a plus
This position will have the opportunity to earn bonuses based on awarded projects, final cost vs estimate, etc.
A big plus to this position is, that after training (30-45 days), this position can be primarily worked from home. You will only be required to come in to the office 2 days a week to review outgoing bids, job status updates, pick up prints, etc.
How to apply?
Key Personnel, 3501 Airport Freeway, Fort Worth TX, 76111
Applications hours are Monday – Friday 9am -11am or 1:30pm – 3:30pm